5 Benefits of IPL Laser Treatment
Carefree days at the beach, warm evenings outside with friends, and family vacations are a few of the joys of summer. It’s a time when we recharge and are reminded of what is truly important in life. Yet with Labor Day behind us, the season is quickly coming to a close.
Some people begin to feel an end-of-summer melancholy this time of year.
While families are consumed with the back-to-school frenzy, the transition back to work can also be particularly stressful as pressures mount at the office.
Researchers call this end-of-summer funk Post Vacation Syndrome (PVS). It can stir up a unique range of emotions, including irritability, anxiety, lack of motivation, difficulty concentrating and a feeling of emptiness. While it usually lasts only a few days or weeks, some people experience a mild version of PVS every Sunday night after a relaxing weekend away from the office.
Do not despair! There are many ways to beat your end-of-summer blues. The following ideas will ensure glorious, autumn days ahead!
• Savor the Summer – Don’t lament what you didn’t accomplish, such as reading five books or paining the house. Share your summer highlights, even small ones, with friends and family.
• Be Active – Studies show exercise helps relieve the blues.
• Foods for Moods – Eating foods with omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B-12 and vitamin D may be uplifting to your mood.
• Shopping the Farmers’ Market – Take advantage of the healthy autumn produce the local farmers offer, including squashes, persimmons, pomegranates, radicchio and sweet potatoes.
• Take Stock at Work – Are you in a rut at work? Pinpoint what is bothering you and make a change.
• Schedule Fun – Plan long weekends away, spend time with friends, go for a walk in the cool, crisp air, and shop the new fall fashions – basically anything that gives you joy.
Have a beautiful fall season!
Read the full article, titled, “The Post-Labor Day Letdown” in the Wall Street Journal.